As you start 2013, you can begin by making the perfect portfolio, charging for your expertise, plan out your next huge web project and learning new design tips and patterns.
- Web Designers and Developers need a portfolio that shows what you can do. You can focus on niche projects or display the range of your abilities. If you need a portfolio or looking to freshen yours up, look at Make the Perfect Portfolio.
- So You’re Going to Start a New Huge Web Project helps you to think about including mobile in your design and using version control. Every web project is different but you’ll need to look at things like design, code, content and your CMS.
- Developers can learn how make their projects look better by learning about these 5 design tips. By using these 5 tips, you can take your design from ugly to better looking. A better looking design can encourage more people to use your web site or app.
- When you start your next development project, you can use these Design Patterns For The Web to help you build a better user experience. Not every Design Pattern works for every project. These Design Patterns give you tools to make better decisions for your next project.
- You meet a new client and they ask for a Request For Proposal. You work very hard on it. Then, they tell you that they like your proposal but going to have someone else do it. In How To Reframe the RFP and Charge For Your Creative Expertise, you’ll learn how to get clients to pay for your expertise.